Terms and Conditions
Welcome to OOPSS, a Ddruid Creative Platforms’ brand (“Company”, “we”, “our”, “us”). OOPSS operates the website located at oopss.in (together or individually “Service”).
To use the Service, please read our Terms of Service (“Terms”, “Terms of Service”) carefully. Additionally if you wish to submit your content for publishing in oopss.in using the Service, please also read the Terms of Publishing (“Terms of Publishing”).
Your use of the Service, and our provision of the Service to you, constitutes an agreement by you and the Company to be bound by the terms and conditions in these Terms of Service and Terms of Publishing.
Terms of Service
Welcome to OOPSS, a Ddruid Creative Platforms’ brand (“Company”, “we”, “our”, “us”)!
These Terms of Service (“Terms”, “Terms of Service”) govern your use of our website located at oopss.in (together or individually “Service”) operated by OOPSS, a Ddruid Creative Platforms’ brand.
If you do not agree with (or cannot comply with) Agreements, then you may not use the Service, but please let us know by emailing at [email protected] so we can try to find a solution. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who wish to access or use our Service.
By using our Service, you agree to subscribe to our newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information we may send. However, you may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or by emailing at [email protected].
- Contests, Sweepstakes and Promotions
Our Service allows you to submit contents and post comments, and otherwise make available certain information, text, graphics, or other material (“Content”). You are responsible for the Content that you post on or through our Service, including its legality, reliability, and appropriateness.
By posting Content on or through the use of our Service, You represent and warrant that: (i) the Content is yours (you own it) and/or you have the right to use it and the right to grant us the rights and license as provided in these Terms, and (ii) that the posting of your Content on or through Service does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person or entity. We reserve the right to terminate the account of anyone found to be infringing on a copyright.
You retain any and all of your rights to any Content you submit, post or display on or through Service and you are responsible for protecting those rights. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for Content you or any third party posts on or through the use of our Service. However, by posting Content using our Service you grant us the right and license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content on and through our Service. You agree that this license includes the right for us to make your Content available to other users of our Service, who may also use your Content subject to these Terms.
OOPSS has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit all Content provided by users.
In addition, Content found on or through this Service are the property of OOPSS or used with permission. You may not distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, download, repost, copy, or use said Content, whether in whole or in part, for commercial or non-commercial purposes.
- Prohibited Uses
You may use Service only for lawful purposes and in accordance with Terms. You agree not to use Service:
5.1. In any way that violates any applicable national or international law or regulation.
5.2. For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content or otherwise.
5.3. To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation.
5.4. To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Company, a Company employee, another user, or any other person or entity.
5.5. In any way that infringes upon the rights of others, or in any way is illegal, threatening, fraudulent, or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent, or harmful purpose or activity.
5.6. To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of Service, or which, as determined by us, may harm or offend Company or users of the Service or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to:
5.7. Use the Service in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Service or interfere with any other party’s use of the Service, including their ability to engage in real time activities through our Service.
5.8. Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Service for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Service.
5.9. Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Service or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
5.10. Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Service.
5.11. Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
5.12. Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Service, the server on which the Service is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Service.
5.13. Attack the Service via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
5.14. Take any action that may damage or falsify Company rating.
5.15. Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Service.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- No Use By Children
Service is intended only for access and use by individuals at least fifteen (15) years old. By accessing or using our Service, you warrant and represent that you are at least fifteen (15) years of age and abide by all of the terms and conditions of Terms. If you are not at least fifteen (15) years old, you may not access and use the Service.
- Intellectual Property
The Service and its original content (excluding Content provided by users), features and functionality are and will remain the exclusive property of OOPSS and its licensors. Service is protected by copyright, trademark (applied for), and other laws of India and foreign countries. Our logo may not be used in connection with any product or service without the prior written consent of OOPSS.
- Copyright Policy
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. It is our policy to respond to any claim that Content posted on our Service infringes on the copyright or other intellectual property rights (“Infringement”) of any person or entity.
If you are a copyright owner, or authorized on behalf of one, and you believe that the copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please submit your claim via email to [email protected], with the subject line: “Copyright Infringement” and include in your claim a detailed description of the alleged Infringement.
You may be held accountable for damages (including costs and legal fees) for misrepresentation or bad-faith claims on the infringement of any Content found on and/or through the Service on your copyright.
- Error Reporting and Feedback
You may provide us either directly at [email protected] or via contact form with information and feedback concerning errors, suggestions for improvements, ideas, problems, complaints, and other matters related to our Service (“Feedback”). You acknowledge and agree that: (i) you shall not retain, acquire or assert any intellectual property right or other right, title or interest in or to the Feedback; (ii) Company may have development ideas similar to the Feedback; (iii) Feedback does not contain confidential information or proprietary information from you or any third party; and (iv) Company is not under any obligation of confidentiality with respect to the Feedback. In the event the transfer of the ownership to the Feedback is not possible due to applicable mandatory laws, you grant Company and its affiliates an exclusive, transferable, irrevocable, free-of-charge, sub-licensable, unlimited and perpetual right to use (including copy, modify, create derivative works, publish, distribute and commercialize) Feedback in any manner and for any purpose.
- Links To Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by OOPSS.
OOPSS has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. We do not warrant the offerings of any of these entities/individuals or their websites.
You acknowledge and agree that company shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such third party web sites or services.
We strongly advise you to read the terms of service and privacy policies of any third party web sites or services that you visit.
- Disclaimer Of Warranty
These services are provided by company on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Company makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of their services, or the information, content or materials included therein. You expressly agree that your use of these services, their content, and any services or items obtained from us is at your sole risk.
Company hereby disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, statutory, or otherwise, including but not limited to any warranties of merchantability, non-infringement, and fitness for particular purpose.
- Limitation Of Liability
In no event shall the Company be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or due to interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the Service, even if the Company’s authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply.
- Governing Law
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Kerala, India, which governing law applies to agreement without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights.
- Changes To Service
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend our Service, and any service we provide via our Service, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of Service is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- Amendments To Terms
We may amend the Terms of Service at any time by posting the amended terms on this site. It is your responsibility to review these Terms periodically.
Your continued use of the Platform following the posting of revised Terms means that you accept and agree to the changes. You are expected to check this page frequently so you are aware of any changes, as they are binding on you. If you do not agree to the new terms, you may no longer use the Service.
- Waiver And Severability
No waiver by the Company of any term or condition set forth in Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition, and any failure of Company to assert a right or provision under Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
If any provision of Terms is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of Terms will continue in full force and effect.
By using the service or other services provided by us, you acknowledge that you have read these terms of service and agree to be bound by them.
- Contact Us
Please send your feedback, comments, requests for technical support by email to: [email protected].
Terms of Publishing
To feature your creative contents on the OOPSS Platform, please read the Terms of Publishing carefully, before sharing your content.
- OOPSS, a Ddruid Creative Platforms’ brand, is an online publishing platform for Short Reads and any individual from across the globe, whether an established or an aspiring author/writer can submit their creative contributions for publication on the OOPSS website as well as its various social media platforms.
- The material submitted for publication, needs to be either a short story or a poem in the English language and of 75 – 150 words.
- The creative material submitted for publication in the Short Story category, must be a work of Fiction.
- All contributors to OOPSS must be of 15 or above years of age and all such contributors by the act of submitting their creative works to OOPSS for publication, declare and affirm that the submitted work is their own original creative work.
- If at any stage, post publication in OOPSS, it transpires to be known or is found that the published work is a plagiarized version, then OOPSS reserves the right to take down the published work from all its online platforms without any intimation to the contributor and / or without assigning any reason for taking down the published material.
- By submitting a work for publication in OOPSS, the contributor acknowledges that the submitted creative works are hitherto unpublished either individually or as part of any anthology – either online or offline, neither in any social media platform nor in print form in any book, magazine, periodical, pamphlet, journal or newspaper.
- The material so submitted for publication should not be defamatory or libelous or cause slander to any person, living or dead or to any organization or governing body that is presently operational or not. The material should also not be discriminatory to any class or creed of people nor should it be propaganda or promotional material for any activity or system.
- OOPSS does not accept any material that is religious in nature and definitely does not accept any material that seems to be sacrilegious.
- By submitting a creative work, the author gives OOPSS the right to publish the same on the OOPSS website, as well as its various social media platforms.
- The author also by the act of submitting a work for publication, gives OOPSS the right to print the work as part of an anthology of selected works that may be printed by OOPSS at any later stage and in such a scenario will not expect to be paid any remuneration for such publication. By so submitting a work for publication, the author / contributor undertakes to not lay claim to any royalty or remuneration for any such publication or for any of its reprints in the future.
- Any published work by OOPSS, whether online or in print format will not give to the author any right for remuneration from OOPSS. However, all ownership rights of the creative piece will rest with the author.
- OOPSS accepts submissions for publication from any contributor on its website. All submitted works will undergo a process of approval by the editorial team of OOPSS and OOPSS will not undertake to intimate the author of the publication of the submitted work. Neither does OOPSS undertake to inform the author of any reasons for not publishing the submitted material. Submission of any creative work is not a guarantee for publication of the work in any of the OOPSS platforms.
- By submitting any material for publication, the author releases OOPSS and its employees, its promoters and any other associates from any liability of whatsoever nature and undertakes unto themselves sole responsibility of any untoward effect that their creative works will have in the future after publication of the submitted material.
- The author also undertakes to provide correct, truthful and factual information about themselves as sought by OOPSS at any stage prior to or after publication.
- The author / contributor confirms & affirms that he / she is contributing to OOPSS at his / her own free-will and has understood and agrees to all of the above terms and that at no point in the future will any family members / relative of the author / contributor claim any rights to the published material.
- OOPSS reserves the right to enter into any advertising agreements or commercial partnerships with any entity in the online / offline space. Any such agreement will be at the sole discretion of OOPSS, without any explanation or prior intimation to any of the contributors. Such arrangements will not give to the author any right for remuneration from OOPSS.
- Any comments posted by the readers about any of the published works will be their own opinion and OOPSS does not endorse them as their own. OOPSS does not collect any communication details of its readers and no correspondence will be entertained regarding any such details.
- Any issue, legal or otherwise, arising out of any such comment will not be the responsibility of OOPSS. However, OOPSS reserves the right to purge or remove any comment that is found to be blatantly offensive and violative of universally accepted good standards.
- OOPSS reserves the right to revise the T&C at any later stage in the future.
- Legal matters if any will be subject to Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala jurisdiction.